Be Active, Be Happy, Be Here!
This is our sporting motto. Learning how to turn up prepared to do your best, team up to add your part to the whole and toughen up when things are not going your way – these are skills best learned on the pitch or court. Many of our girls absolutely love sport and, for them, the stretch of training with specialists and the thrill of competition bring an extra dimension to school life. Everyone can find something to enjoy and to help build fitness, resilience and self-confidence.
The High School effect…
- Specialist teachers from Reception
- A broad range of sports and activities – athletics, badminton, basketball, cricket, fitness, gymnastics, dance, hockey, netball, swimming and tennis
- A full card of fixtures – with A and B (plus) teams in the major sports
- House matches and competitions
- Annual Sports Awards and Gym and Dance Show
- Sport Enrichment Day for Year 4
The GDST difference…
- Annual netball and hockey weekend for Year 6 with Newcastle High and Wimbledon High
- GDST rallies at venues across the country and annual competitions in cricket, cross-country, football, netball, swimming and tennis
- Annual tour weekend for netball at Condover Hall