Being fearless comes as standard in a school where the great outdoors (all 27 acres of it) is right on the doorstep.
Our girls are living proof of the saying that ‘there’s no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothing.’ Whether it is growing sunflowers in the garden for Reception or kayaking at Osmington Bay on the Year 6 residential, the joy of exploring the world outdoors and pushing your boundaries through physical challenge is a large part of school life.
The High School effect…
- Wild area complete with dipping pond, composting toilet, bug hotel, fire pit, bird feeding station and shelter
- A dedicated and age-appropriate outdoor play-and-learn area for each year group from Nursery to Year 6
- Sensory Garden
- Forest School sessions with a trained Forest School Leader
- Outdoor learning day trips and residentials for every year group to venues such as Grafham Water and Osmington Bay
- Eco-Team collaboration with Senior School girls
The GDST difference…
- Annual multi-school overseas ski trip for Years 5 and 6