Our approach, based on problem-solving and investigative methods, builds confidence and mastery. Girls relish the challenge of maths and are open to the excitement of real-life applications in the world around them.
Science comes to life in our specialist lab – with an emphasis on hands-on experience – or in our grounds and wild area where we can explore patterns in nature, such as the Fibonacci sequence, and still be back in time for lunch.
Online learning blends seamlessly with hands-on activities in a mixed diet, using screen time to optimal effect.
The High School effect…
- Taster sessions with subject specialists
- Fully equipped junior science lab
- State-of-the-art digital devices
- Number Partners sessions with Sixth Form Mentors
- Years 5 and 6 are invited to Café Scientifique sessions in the Senior School with invited speakers, whio have recently included Suzie Imber, astronaut, and Professor David Howard from Imperial College.
- EngSoc workshops led by Sixth Formers, including a Rocket Workshop
- Annual STEAM Extravaganza
- Christmas Chemistry Show
- Stretch challenges, such as the UKMT Primary Maths Challenge and Bebras Computing Challenge
The GDST difference…
- Annual one-day conference for keen Year 6 mathematicians – recent venues include The Royal Institution and the University of Oxford
- Annual Techathon for keen coders – recent venues include South Hampstead High and CodeNode