The GDST Alumna of the Year Award was launched in 2011 to recognise and reward the many varied achievements of our alumnae, and all staff and students are encouraged to submit nominations for the award. A shortlist is then drawn up, and the voting begins. All GDST staff, students and alumnae are eligible to take part.
Recent winners include: Miriam Margolyes OBE, Actor (Oxford), Hannah Mills OBE, Olympic winner and most successful female British sailor of all time (Howell’s), Khadijah Mellah, Magnolia Cup winner 2019 (Sydenham), Konnie Huq, TV presenter and children’s author (Notting Hill & Ealing), Olivia Colman CBE, Oscar-winning actor (Norwich), Samira Ahmed, Award-winning journalist (Wimbledon).
There are up to three categories of Alumna of the Year:
- Alumna of the Year 2022 (the winner is chosen by open vote)
- Trailblazer 2022 (the winner is chosen by the judging panel)
- Exceptional Contribution (a discretionary award given by the judging panel)
The winners – who will be announced at a GDST event taking place in September 2022 – will be interviewed for the alumnae magazine, GDST Life. All finalists will also be invited to take part in an In Conversation event over the academic year. The Alumna of the Year is also awarded £500 to donate to a charity of her choice.
As ever, we welcome nominations for alumnae in all walks of life. In particular, we are looking for alumnae who are:
- Driving environmental or social change
- Championing a charitable cause
- Achieving outstanding academic or professional success
- A pioneer, or is achieving success in a challenging field
- An inspiration to others
You can nominate a Northampton High School alumna from any era, here. Nominations close on 20 May at 10am. Voting will open on 15 June and will run to the end of term.